Development Assistance Available for Affordable Housing

BISMARCK, ND – North Dakota Housing Finance Agency (NDHFA) is currently accepting applications for approximately $1.6 million through the Housing Incentive Fund (HIF), a state program that strengthens communities by supporting the development of affordable rental housing for essential service workers and low- to moderate-income households.

“Priority will be given to applicants that demonstrate the need for the housing and the support of the community in which the project will be located,” said Jolene Kline, NDHFA executive director.

Established during the 2011 Legislative Session, HIF was reauthorized and funding was approved in 2013 and 2015. A sunset clause was removed during the 2017 session, however no new funding was provided. The assistance that is currently available is due to the cancellation of previous funding commitments.

NDHFA is also accepting applications for two federal programs – Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) and National Housing Trust Fund (HTF). LIHTC offers an incentive for the production or rehabilitation of rental housing for low-income individuals and families. The HTF’s purpose is to increase and preserve the supply of housing for extremely low-income households.

Applications for the programs must be received by 5 p.m. on Sept. 28, 2018. More information is available online at or by contacting the agency’s planning and housing development division staff at (800) 292-8621 or

NDHFA is a public financial institution dedicated to making housing affordable for all North Dakotans. The Industrial Commission of North Dakota, consisting of Gov. Doug Burgum, as the chairman, Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem and Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring, oversees the agency.

2 thoughts on “Development Assistance Available for Affordable Housing

  1. Janee Napier

    Hi, My Name Is Janee Napier
    I Am 26 Years Old. I Am Currently Living In Tuscaloosa Alabama With My Grandparents That I’ve Been With For About 6 Yrs Now.
    But My Time Run Its Course And I Can No Longer Live With Them
    I Have 3 Small Children All Under 5 Yrs Old. Neither Of Them Are In Any Daycare. The Women And Children Help Down Here Is So Pathetic They Are Not Helping Anyone. And Those They Are Willing To Help Are On Waiting List For Yrs And Yrs. I’ve Been On Public Housing Waiting List For A Couple Yrs Now And I Haven’t Gotten One Phone Call. I Have A Cousin That Lives In North Dakota And Was Telling Me That You All Can Help Me. I Hate To Travel And Take My Kids That Far But I Can Really Use The Help, Not Just For Me But For Them. I Have No Income Right Now, And The Only Food Assistance They Give Me Is 150 Dollars A Month And That’s Not Nearly Enough To Feed Them Or Myself. I Would Really Love To Move An Start Over. I’m Not Getting Any Help From There Father And Im Basically Just Doing Everything On My Own. Someone! Anybody! Please Help Me,Help Us.
    I Need To Move And Start Over Fresh. I Just Need Help. Thank You! My Number Where I Can Be Reached Is 1205-886-2421


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s