BISMARCK, ND – The North Dakota Industrial Commission has authorized North Dakota Housing Finance Agency (NDHFA) to distribute more than $200,000 to organizations statewide through the Helping Housing Across North Dakota (Helping HAND) program.
“The assistance provided through Helping HAND is flexible. It allows the grant recipients to utilize the funding to best serve their local housing needs,” said Commission members in a joint statement. The Industrial Commission, consisting of Governor Jack Dalrymple as chairman, Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring and Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem, oversees NDHFA
The funds will be distributed as follows:
- Community Action Program Region VII of Bismarck, $31,110
- Dakota Prairie Community Action Agency of Devils Lake, $18,724
- Community Action Partnership of Dickinson and Williston, $15,849
- Southeastern North Dakota Community Action Agency of Fargo, $52,278
- Red River Valley Community Action of Grand Forks, $26,033
- Community Action Region VI of Jamestown, $13,190
- Community Action Partnership of Minot, $19,816
- Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa of Belcourt, $9,166
- Trenton Indian Service Area of Trenton, $9,166
- Red River Valley Habitat for Humanity of Grand Forks, $3,750
- Lake Agassiz Habitat for Humanity of Fargo/Moorhead, $3,750
- Rebuilding Together of Fargo/Moorhead, $1,000
- Rebuilding Together of Bismarck/Mandan, $1,000
“Over the past 15 years, Helping HAND has leveraged $27 million to support the construction or rehabilitation of 4,800 housing units statewide,” said Jolene Kline, NDHFA executive director. The program is funded with agency earnings.
Helping HAND grant recipients are encouraged to use program dollars to benefit the largest number of households possible. A local match of 25 percent is required to access the funds. Program dollars are most often used for housing weatherization and rehabilitation projects. All of the funds must be utilized for projects in North Dakota.
NDHFA is a self-supporting state agency dedicated to making housing affordable for all North Dakotans. For more information on Helping HAND, contact NDHFA at (800) 292-8621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.